Mozilla-Thunderbird helper

Larry Grover lgrover at zoominternet.net
Tue Jun 28 12:47:05 UTC 2005

Frederic Soulier wrote:
> Hi
>
> Where can I define more helper programs for Mozilla-Thunderbird?
> Right now if I have an attachment, say .doc, I get the OpenOffice Writer
> as the default helper. How can I add more programs to the list like
> OpenOffice 2, MS Word (via Crossover Office), etc...
>
> Thanks.

Unless I misunderstand your question, this is easy:

(1) Go to the "Edit" menu, select  the "Preferences" option.

(2) In the "Preferences" window, select the "Attachments" option in
the left pane, then find your file type from the list on the right,
and then click the "Change Action" button at the bottom.

(3) A new window should open with three choices.  Select the middle
option.  A file browser window should open -- use it to choose the
application you want to use.

Does this work?

Regards,
Larry