connection refused to contact ubuntubackports.org

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Jun 28 07:17:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 08:47:43AM +0200, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
>On di, 2005-06-28 at 10:52 +0800, Steve Torrefranca wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> I am testing breezy into an old desktop but i get these problems when i
>> update:
>>
>> 1. connection denied for these sources:
>> deb http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/backports
>
>That is because you are not alowed to use the master server directly
>
>> 2. 404 for these sources:
>> deb http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net/
>> Is it just me or the servers are offline?  I could not make it work
>> since yesterday.
>
>There are other mirrors too, see
>http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/url.php

I'm using

 deb  http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/ubuntu-backports hoary-backports main universe multiverse restricted
 deb  http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/ubuntu-backports hoary-extras main universe multiverse restricted

This is the second time I see this thread on the list. Maybe it's time
for the backports webmaster to put a LARGE, blinking message on the
site...

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus