why sudo?

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Tue Jun 28 06:30:45 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 28 of June 2005 08:13, ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY wrote:

> True.  The question, though, is why enable root account in the first
> place when you could do everything with “sudo”?

 You, I'm using sudo -s myself. I wanted to ansfer his question stricly. :P

> Besides, I just want to share something that I thought you all would be
> interested to know.  I didn't want to by a picky or a jerk.

 You're not a picky jerk, but for someone not familar with sudo options could
assume that this will enable his root account. He would try to su/login later
without success. :-)

 Guys, use sudo -s -- please! :-)

--
 Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, http://bronikowski.com
 Monkey see, monkey do. Rather be dead than cool.