[Off Topic] HOWTO Encourage Women in Linux

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:39:53 UTC 2005

On 6/28/05, Maigualida Martínez <maix25 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the off topic....but I could not resist, is  a good How To ;)
>
> http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO.html
I dunno about you guys (er Girls as well ;-) ) but I don't think this
is off-topic..
Coincidental I met and helped out a very bright and interesting young
woman at our local LUG last night, we installed Ubuntu on her PC
(wiped *ugh* FC3) and chatted about her other experimental Linux PC's
she has at home.

I know I shouldn't stereo type but as a general rule I have not met
many women with the inquiring mind that this young lady had. I think
it's a part of the "Women - Venus/Men - Mars" thing... We're
fundamentally different and toying about with new things especially
computers is something that interests us guys more, not because Women
can't, just because they don't want to.

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From