X in virtual resolution + slow performance in first login

Peter Kotrcka peter.kotrcka at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:42:36 UTC 2005

Hello there,
I have a Ubuntu on relatively slow computer (P166 MMX with 128 MB RAM),
but I have 2 problems. When I log to system by gdm, I get a virtual
resolution 800x600, but in physical resolution 640x480 and I must change
it every time, when I log in. Second problem is, when I log in first
time after reboot, my system is in 100 percent load. I must log uot and
log in again to solve it.

Does anyone have some experience with it?

Thanks, Peter