Making Money With Linux (Was: Help on Ubuntu advocacy)

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Sun Jun 26 12:18:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 02:30:06AM -0500, Jacob Walch wrote:

> I suspect that open source programmers, being users of open source programs
> themselves, love the freedom that open source has to offer--the freedom to
> do with software as they please, to modify it

 There's something different. Some programmers *love* to code. It thier
 creative way to spend time. Some people write books, coders write code.
 Renember that FOSS was created by hackers for hackers. Before I've
 learn about Open Source, I've been programming on Amiga and for
 AmigaOS. Most of my software was free, as in beer. I didn't do it for
 any kind of freedom. I did that because I loved to code my little
 utilities.

 Why most of the bands play concerts without asking for a ticket money?
 Well, maybe one day they will release a CD and ask for a cash, but now
 they're enjoying picking up the strings.