OT: Buying a new Ubuntu compatible PC

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Sun Jun 26 11:15:57 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 18:37 +0200, Thomas Kaiser wrote:

(BTW, why would this be off topic (OT)?  It's not like you're looking to
assemble a Windows box.. :)

> I am looking for a new PC. I think it should be a AMD64 with 2 screens
> (2x TFT monitor). What would you "great Ubuntu community" recommend?

Are you absolutely sure about making it a 64 bit system?  While it
generally works, I do come across some specific software/hardware issues
that seem to be related to things not being a 32 bit system.

Cheers,
Chanchao