Changing motd

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Fri Jun 24 14:00:45 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 09:37 -0400, Ben Novack wrote:

> when I SSH into my Ubuntu machine, I'm told I have new mail. What is
> it? Can I ditch the "You have new mail" notification, seeing as all my
> mail is online via gmail?

Check out /etc/pam.d/ssh. Be warned! If you fsck up this file, you will
not be able to login :)

You should really leave this e-mail notification and check your system
mail when you have new mail. Ubuntu notifyes it's admin via email when
something is wrong in system or Ubuntu did something. Check your local
mail! Hint: use mutt program (http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual).

--
Ante Karamatic|--|ivoks(@)grad.hr|--|PGP: D3BDA225
http://master.grad.hr/~ivoks/|--|ICQ: 64631782