Use Ubuntu on a laptop

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:14:38 UTC 2005

On 6/24/05, Sabine Cretella <sabine_cretella at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Or should I just try the live-CD and see if I can work on my projects
> this way?
>
> How can I really test out if everything would work well before
> definitely installing the OS?

Like people have said, it should work fine.  I believe that the
non-free nvidia drivers probably won't load by default on the LiveCD,
so you won't be able to see hight performance in fancy screensavers.
But, that can be added once you install the OS and add the non-free
repositories to your apt-sources list.

In this case, non-free refers to access to source code, not financial cost.

--

  -- AL --