Installing postgresql, problems with non-existant user...

Jay Camp jaycamp at CLEMSON.EDU
Thu Jun 23 20:09:50 UTC 2005

With the default setup you will need to switch to the postgres user to
create new users.

sudo -s -u postgres

then createuser to add a new database user.

You can change the way it authenticates in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf

My commands/file paths may be slightly off since I'm not on a Linux box
at the moment.

Jay