[Hoary] Spell Checker in OpenOffice

Colin McDermott colmcd at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 23 11:39:14 UTC 2005

>> I'm making a rather large document in OOo 1.1.3 and I've found that the
spell checker doesn't find any misspelled words.

I have found this problem when installing ubuntu from the Server installation up. Sadly there is an error in the Openoffice Package and it does not do a SPELL CHECK.

I do not know if you have tried sudo apt-get install myspell-en-uk (or us as the case may be). That has fixed it before on my system but It did not fix it recently.

I believe that Myspell is Updating an Openoffice link that is stored in a different directory. You may be able to patch the link file if you do a search for it.

The best solution is to download the latest package from openoffice and recompile from source.

Can you please file a bug report on this! I have filed one in the past and I will refile. This is Ultra important!

Cheers
Colin McDermott

Message: 7