Ubuntu Boot Up Logo

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Thu Jun 23 08:46:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 15:08 +0700, Custom wrote:

> Now, the things that Ubuntu shows when booting: Does my mother really
> need to know all that ?

No. But we shouldn't use bootsplash! I allready said what problems fb
can bring, and there is easy way to avoid all that text on screen.

Appending quiet to lilo/grub would surpress kernel messages while
booting. First message would be starting Init. Then, we could redesign
init to not print messages or just to print something like this:

(blue color)Starting services: (green)dbus, hotplug, gdm, etc, etc...

It wouldn't be so nast and ugly, and it wouldn't produce problems
related to framebuffer.

Why does it have to be image? Cause Windows have image? I don't see
MacOSX having image... Why shouldn't we use Linux way?

--
Ante Karamatic|--|ivoks(@)grad.hr|--|PGP: D3BDA225
http://master.grad.hr/~ivoks/|--|ICQ: 64631782