Ubuntu Boot Up Logo

dan hentaidan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:40:20 UTC 2005

On 22/06/05, Michael P. Soulier <msoulier at digitaltorque.ca> wrote:
> On 22/06/05 dan said:
>
> > "People" simply can't handle lines of white text on a black
> > background. They immediately think something has gone wrong, and for a
> > first time use of a new operating system, it isn't really the reaction
> > we want.
>
> Please don't dumb-down Linux. Instead, educate the user-base.

But how can we educate if they won't even try it? That's been my man
problem. And what is wrong with a bit of polishing? Perhaps even
putting the text in a pretty window with the words "Booting Ubuntu"
would be enough not to scare away most people.

If all they are used to is a no-text bootup, and then all of a sudden
they get a horde of text, which are (to most) unreadble, what are they
meant to expect?

--
http://www.danicity.co.uk
chaz_249 at hotmail.com