NEWBIE HELP : PROBLEM WITH BOOTING BOTH CD's

classysidhu at sancharnet.in classysidhu at sancharnet.in
Wed Jun 22 08:22:40 UTC 2005

Quoting classysidhu at sancharnet.in:

 hi friends

 My problem is that when I hit some
 command at boot prompt like

 boot:live
 boot:live-expert
 boot:linux
 boot:expert

 then at the next screen (the one in blue color asking about
 choosing language) my keybord gets stuck.
 No matter what key I  press I cannot go beyond this stage. I have tried
 various boot
 parameters like the one for not probing USb etc etc. But nothing
 seems to be working.
    I would like to mention another thing that I
 have Fedora core 1 installed in my system But when I tried to
 install FC2 or FC3 my computer got hanged at the similar stage in
 their installation process( A blue screen asking for language
 .again !!).

    But when I install fedor core 1 there seems to be no
 problem at any stage.

    Are there any boot parameters that I should give or is at any hardware
 problem that I have. My PC configuration is

 AMD Athlon 2400
 256 MS ddr RAM
 Seagate 40 GB hard disk
 MSI 6380 motherboard
 keyboard iKey (PS2) ( I think it is an indian company)

 Is it a problem with my CDROM it has been creating strange noises lately.
 Sorry for mailing without a subject earlier

 sid