Ubuntu Boot Logo

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Wed Jun 22 01:46:38 UTC 2005

Hello Lee,

LW> I was wondering if there are any plans to implement the bootsplash
LW> patches in Ubuntu?

I'm sure it will.  There's even instructions on the Ubuntu guide/wiki
on how to do it, with links to some image files ready to put in.

Writing that wiki would have taken as much time as actually putting it
in the default distro.

Now in addition to that, I'd prefer not to see technical crap while
starting unless there's something that really needs my attention.

There's a workaround to this though:

 - Leave your monitor off while starting until you hear the
   login-bongo drums.  :)

Works fine for me.

Cheers,
Chanchao