Marillat -> Hoary Extras? + Cyberlink + Ettiquette

Tom Adelstein adelste at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 20:23:55 UTC 2005

See bottom posting

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 14:05 -0400, Aamir Maori wrote:
> Every great movement (especially in linux) requires a good name, that and
> I gotta have something to name the folder for the subdomain and subsequent
> blog/wiki.
>
> I've enjoyed using Ubuntu since I switched from Kanotix/Windows, I'm just
> happy to be able to help out anything that will give linux & Ubuntu a bit
> of a leg up.
> --
> http://exjinn.net
>
> On Tue, June 21, 2005 1:42 pm, Tom Adelstein said:
> > On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 12:19 -0400, Aamir Maori wrote:
> >> I'd be willing to host such a thing.
> >> --
> >> http://exjinn.net

> >> product...."

> > Aamir,
> >
> > Thank you for the idea. This will take some planning and a cross
> > community effort. Also, an international effort.
> >
> > We've had some experience with petitions in political efforts and would
> > need to provide email forms, some cgi scripts etc.
> >
> > I suggest we start a link and perhaps put up a wiki and/or a blog.
> >
> > We still need to find someone in Taiwan to speak with Cyberlink.
> >
> > I realize people will express their opinions on what cyberlink will or
> > won't do. But until someone speaks with them directly and finds a person
> > with whom to contact, we're shooting in the dark, so to say.

Aamir and others:

The custom on Linux newsgroups requires bottom posting. That means, when
we answer a post, we put our answer at the bottom.

This may seem counter intuitive, but it's really the best way to follow
threads. It's also the custom and so we respect it.

It's like driving on the correct side of the road.

Thanks

Tomas