System Restore

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Jun 21 13:49:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 09:23:04PM +0800, Senectus . wrote:
>On 6/21/05, Don Stauffer <don at javapig.com> wrote:
>>
>> I use CVS to version all of my config files so if I do need to restore
>> back to a certain point, it's a snap.  Just make sure you commit any
>> changes you make.  And there are GUI versions of CVS for those of you
>> who may be inclined in that direction. ;)
>*jaw drops*
>That's some serious abuse of CVS/Time and geek ability ;-)
>
>You need to be using Gentoo for that sort of "Cause I can" behaviour

Why? I've dropped CVS in favour of subversion for the same task. There
are some really good things that comes from it. You can read more here:

 http://linuxjournal.com/article/5976

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of
creativeness.
     -- Pablo Picasso