Printing to .pdf

Olve Hansen olvesh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:37:30 UTC 2005

On 6/20/05, Benjamin Zeller <zeller at ibh-wor.de> wrote:

> On Monday 20 June 2005 13:28, toyfactory wrote:
> > Olve Hansen wrote:
> > > Install cups-pdf, and follow instructions from:
> > > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=19059
> > >
> > > I added a printer with postscript driver support through gnome printer
> > > ui, guess any printer will do.. Works like a charm.
> >
> > I've tried using cups-pdf but it produces the same unreadable output as
> > ps2pdf, at least when I try to print from FireFox.
> >

> I had the same problem in first instance.
> How do you open the PDF? in xpdf or in acroread? I experienced, that the
> results are fine when opening in acroread.

I just printed a test page, and it showed up fine. I also checked that the
printer appeared in firefox.

Using firefox now, I see that the pdf is kind of edgy (low resolution). The
test page "printed" though. I have no idea how to fix this.. Maybe tweak the
ps settings in the postscript driver. I guess the cups-pdf uses ps2pdf
behind the scenes, if you experience the same troubles there.

Firefox should really use the Gnome print ui as gedit and gpdf where there
are pdf possibilities already. Quite funny, that you can print a pdf
document from gpdf :-)

--
\ Olve