cpufreq and powersave

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Mon Jun 20 16:15:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 and since installing Ubuntu, I have had a
couple times a complete stop of the portable due to a processor that
gets too hot. I tried to install powernowd and and applet that shows the
frequency scaling of the processor, but the installation is not correct.
When I restart the powernowd I get the following result.

$ sudo /etc/init.d/powernowd restart
Password:
 * Stopping powernowd:                   [ ok ]
 * Starting powernowd...
 * CPU frequency scaling not supported   [ ok ]

Is it possible to install this on the Dell Inspiron 5100 and how to use
it correctly.
Tx

--
Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be>