Aliasing rm to rm -i for sudo

Markus Kolb ubuntu-ml at tower-net.de
Mon Jun 20 14:30:14 UTC 2005

skoal wrote on Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 09:55:52 -0400:

> If you already set up a 'passwd' for the root account, just copy/paste
> over the aliases into /root's .bashrc or .bash_aliases - sudo gedit
> /root/.bashrc...

Ups. Right. I've not read the sudo arguments -s -H ;-)
So to complete my other post:
-s executes a shell with euid root. The environment becomes environment
of root.
-H only sets the current directory to the $HOME directory of the user
called sudo and not any environment stuff.

So as skoal has wrote you have to set the aliases in environment of root.