PCMCIA trouble after suspend and wakeup

janne jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Mon Jun 20 07:14:05 UTC 2005

I have a Panasonic Let's Note R3 (Intel Pentium M ULV based machine).
After a boot, I can pop in a PC card and it will work fine. But once
I've suspended the machine once, it will not recognize a card in the
slot anymore, no matter what I do.

When running cardctl, no matter what I do after wakeup (suspend, then
resume, etc.), no card is ever found in the slot again until I reboot.

As a side note I get a "*** DANGER *** unable to remove socket power" on
resume (could be generated on suspend, of course). The few sites I've
found describing that error doesn't seem to fit my circumstances.

Would anyone have an idea of how to start to find a solution?

--
Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
Sweden: +46-31 360 7723               Dept. of Cognitive Science