Cross Platform C++ GUI Development

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:41:09 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, Matt Patterson <matt at v8zman.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I am interested in putting a gui on some code I am working on. I intend
> to make the code open sourced once it is at least alpha quality, so I
> want a nice gui toolkit that will work on windows and linux (and
> hopefully mac ox x). I havent done gui since Borland Delphi Builder, so
> please point me in the direction of the tools and tutorials I should use
> to get things started.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

I would recommend GTk. I am using it and Ruby to build a program for
schools to write their reports with (another "to be released gpl when
im happy with the basics" program). It will run in linux (obviously),
In windows you just distribute the gtk runtime with your program and
it will work fine too. If you use Gaim on windows then you will see
how well it works.

Tom