Truemobile 1150 scanning support

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 12:41:14 UTC 2005

Todd,

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 15:51 -0400, Todd Deshane wrote:

> rmmod should work in general, you just have to unload the modules in
> the right order so that you are not unloading modules that are in use
> by other modules. I have not used the hotplug black list but sounds like
> that would worth a try if rmmod didn't work out, for me it was easy to
> take the card out for a sec and just reboot ;)
>
> If neither of the solutions that are possible for you work, I am sure
> that there is another way...

Thanks for all your help. I installed the linux-headers module and the
Orinoco driver compiled like a charm.

I just did a 'sudo make install' in the Orinoco source directory and
rebooted, and hey presto, scanning now works as does wifi-radar.

Not sure what happens if ever these drivers gets updated through a
kernel update or whatever. I guess my versions may get over written if
I'm not careful.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold