Does Kubuntu really need to be it's own distro?

Mike Bird mgb-ubuntu at yosemite.net
Thu Jun 16 06:11:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 21:57, Senectus . wrote:
> I'd go as far as to say we should drop the name "Kubuntu".

I agree.  I happen to prefer KDE to Gnome, and I'm very glad
that the Kubuntu team came along and made Ubuntu useful for me.
But the "Kubuntu" name is not the right way to go.

Ubuntu really needs to support Gnome and KDE equally under the
"Ubuntu" name.  There is value in having different CD's: the
Ubuntu/Gnome CD and the Ubuntu/KDE CD and perhaps others in
future.  The distribution is Ubuntu.

--Mike Bird