Does Kubuntu really need to be it's own distro?

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 05:04:40 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, Chanchao <custom at freenet.de> wrote:
> And the name is ugly.  "Ubuntu" is a perfectly balanced, beautiful
> word.  "Kubuntu" is..  well, kugly, I suppose.  :-)
I agree, but that's not really the point.

> That said, you can't stop people from bolting KDE on, calling it
> whatever they want and redistributing it.. It's a free world.
Nor should Ubuntu stop the usage of KDE it's a valid and very popular
modification ( use it on three machines and my partner on hers), but
modifying the name ubuntu and redistributing it as a linux distro
technically isn't apart of that "free world".
In all reality my question isn't "Can we do this?" it's "Should we be
doing this?" and I don't think we should.
Just my opinion/concern though..
--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
Our OS who art in CPU, LINUX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy