Truemobile 1150 scanning support

Todd Deshane deshantm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 19:51:54 UTC 2005

On 6/15/05, Tony Arnold <tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Todd,
>
> On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 18:43 -0400, Todd Deshane wrote:
> > I couldn't get the hostap to compile, but downloading
> > the cvs drivers worked finally!
>
> Thanks, I'll give this a try.
>
> > for anybody that needs help installing, i just followed the
> > README that came with the orinoco from the cvs link
> > http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=orinoco
> >
> > export CVS_RSH="ssh"
> >
> > cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs at savannah.nongnu.org:/cvsroot/orinoco co orinoco
> > cd orinoco
> > make
> > make install
> >
> > #(unload the orinoco module(s)... I had to reboot without the card in)
> > rmmod <modulname>
>
> Could be tricky as teh card is installed internally in the laptop. I
> guess putting the module name in the hotplug black list should have the
> same effect?

rmmod should work in general, you just have to unload the modules in
the right order so that you are not unloading modules that are in use
by other modules. I have not used the hotplug black list but sounds like
that would worth a try if rmmod didn't work out, for me it was easy to
take the card out for a sec and just reboot ;)

If neither of the solutions that are possible for you work, I am sure
that there is another way...

> > # load the module
> > insmod /path/to/orinoco.ko
> >
> > # scanning now works!
> > iwlist eth1 scanning
>
> This is what I'm looking for! Given this, wifi-radar should also work.

Yeah, it does!

Best of luck with it,

Todd