Not quite stable for me. Keyboard repeats out of control.

James Carroll mrmaple at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:14:36 UTC 2005

I've been running Ubuntu on my IBM Thinkpad T40 for about a month, and
I love it.  Unfortunately I have to reboot every few days.

Every once in a while, often after a resume from suspend-to-ram I
loose control of the keyboard, it's as if every key on the keyboard
was being held down at the same time.  I can still use the mouse
pointer, but any text field that has focus gets filled with repeated
characters.  It starts off with the Y character first (sometimes) and
if I actually press and release the Y key then it changes to something
else, other characters, semicolons, slashes, etc.

I'm in Gnome, I can't see if it happens at a terminal because I can't
do a ctrl-alt-F1 or even a ctrl-alt-del   or ctrl-alt-backspace.

Does anyone have any suggestions what might be causing this?

Thanks,
-Jim