marillat

Fintan ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Jun 14 05:39:34 UTC 2005

@ziyad,

@ Merillat,

sorry for the first mail i didn't mean to quote and not send a mesage.

anyway i tried your suggestion and still get this after apt-get
update:

"W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net stable/main
Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)

W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net testing/main
Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead."

Plus i get:

"W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net stable/main
Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)

W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net testing/main
Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

ERROR # 100 : There was an error in apt-get update."

after running : sudo sh ubuntusetup.sh

I have used this script before on other installs without a problem.

Has something changed?

I hope you can help as i see there are a few with the same problem and
it IS a great script.

Cheers

Fintan

--