Kubuntu why?

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Mon Jun 13 06:28:30 UTC 2005

Hello Shawn,

Monday, June 13, 2005, 1:02:11 PM, you wrote:

SC> Just as a question...I'm not trying to get any GNOME vs. KDE
SC> deathmatches going on however is there a reason why people post
SC> KDE/Kubuntu to the Ubuntu mail list? I just find it awkward when
SC> someone says that Kaffine, and Konqueror is perfect when they
SC> obviously don't come with Ubuntu. Don't they have their own list...and
SC> if not how come?

I think talk on KDE apps is fine.. Just perhaps not issues on how to
get Kubuntu to run and such..

Like I finally went ahead to install all the KDE libraries because
there's just too much great software around that uses it. (Say, K3B).

But as a user interface Gnome of course has the edge. (Even though
it's slow, but nothing that a 2-3 GHz chip can't solve. :)

Cheers,
Chanchao