Cdrecord

Curt Tresenriter ctres at qwest.net
Sun Jun 12 23:50:58 UTC 2005

I just installed a new Plextor CDR/RW/DVD writer.
Tt's recognized in the device manager also shows up in /etc/fstab and
the mount command shows that is is mounted as /dev/hda on /media/cdrom0.

However when I say:
cdrecord -scanbus (as root), I see:
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.

I'm running Warty with the 2.6.8.1-5-k7 kernel.

The only thing I can think of is adding hda=SCSI to the kernel line in
/boot/grub/menu.lst - which I understand is no longer necessary with the
2.6.x kernel.
Googling isn't turning up anything useful.
I feel like I'm missing something simple but can't guess what it might be.
Any help?

TIA
Curt