OT: Linux Alarm Clock Suggestions? Follow Up

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 20:33:32 UTC 2005

You could also use KAlarm (in Ubuntu repositories) - I use it and it
works nicely under Ubuntu/Gnome. (No need to install the KDE desktop,
when you install KAlarm it'll install the KDE libraries that it
needs.) You don't need to have the program running either for alarms
to pop up, which is nice.

On 6/10/05, paul cooke <paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 10 June 2005 20:05, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> > > XMMs also needs to be left running overnight as well... it doesn't have
> > > to be playing anything, but I use the goodnight plugin to automatically
> > > stop playing at 00:30am and the alarm plugin to wake me up at 6:30am
> > > with...
> >
> > Sounds like a waste of electricity to me, what's wrong with a normal
> > alarm clock?
>
> my computer is on 24/7 anyway... so using a normal alarm clock would be a
> further waste of electricity...
>
> paulc at cooke-one:~$ uptime
>  21:01:19 up 29 days,  6:55,  1 user,  load average: 0.23, 0.21, 0.15
>
> 29 days ago, before a motherboard, processor, ram upgrade and Ubuntu
> installation, this box had some 300 or so days of uptime...
>
> as they say... Linux users keep it up longer... ;)

"Impossible is nothing."