Kernel panic - Ubuntu refuses to start - What to do?

sethmahoney ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jun 10 19:13:19 UTC 2005

Henrik Andersson Wrote:

> I certainly hope I will, but how can I prevent this from happening
> again?

There's no easy answer to that question - kernels can be picky about
which systems they will run on, though they usually work fine.  My best
bit of advice is to not do a kernel update immediately, or to never do
them if you're not having problems.  At the very least, give it a week
or two after first seeing the update appear on the list before you
install it.  This should give developers enough time to iron out any
wrinkles in it.

--
sethmahoney