Polish fonts without Polish environment

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 13:07:18 UTC 2005

At 12:04 10/06/05, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need to make a Polish wedding invitation, but i don't speak much
>Polish myself. I'd like to use Scribus or maybe xfig, but i'm having
>problems with Polish diacritics (there's some accents, and an l with a
>bar through it for example).
>I don't want to change my system to Polish, cos then i won't be able
>to use it anymore.

And how could I forget the character map.  It may be a bit clumsy, but
it does work.

Applications > Accessories > Character Map

Point and click the one you want and then copy to your document.  Best
to have one session finding all you need and copy them as a block to
your document so that you don't need to keep coming back.

(Or you could make up a character set in the Gnome Character Pallette
Applet which you can install on one of your panels.)

Neil