Ubuntu Live CD Persistent Home on usb key.

James Cummings cummings.james at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:49:13 UTC 2005

On 6/9/05, Daniel Robitaille <robitaille at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/06/05, James Cummings <cummings.james at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to set up a persistent home directory on a usb key while
> > using a Hoary Live CD.  The instructions at:
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=9893
> > do not seem to work
>
> these instructions seem to be for Warty's Life CD, and a couple of
> comments in it
> seems to imply that it doesn't work for Hoary.

Yup, I know that.  My question really should have been "how can one
make this work in Hoary?".

> The live CD architecture went throught a very large technology change
> between Warty and Hoary, so I'm not surprised if something works with
> one version but not with the other.

True, I'm not surprised either that it has changed.  But there still
should be *some* way to make it work.  Creating persistent home
directories is one of the more useful features of a live cd.

Does anyone else have suggestions on how to make it work?
--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com