OT: Linux Alarm Clock Suggestions? Follow Up

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 10 07:38:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:15:14 +1000
Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 02:44:10 -0400
> Edwin <paroxetine at mmhmm.org> wrote:
>
> > Strangely enough, I am having difficulty finding an alarm clock for
> > Ubuntu... Google throws up nothing and sourceforge gives me a bunch of
> > alarm clocks for Windows and Mac OS X.
> >
> > I don't need anything fancy. Just something that will play a .MP3 at a
> > certain time. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
>
> peter at prospero:~$ apt-cache search xmms | grep alarm
> xmms-alarm - xmms general plugin for using xmms as an alarm clock.
> peter at prospero:~$ apt-cache show xmms-alarm
> Package: xmms-alarm
> Section: universe/utils
> Installed-Size: 124
>
> Works fine - just set your time and preferred mp3 or ogg file and off you go....
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Peter

Sorry, I probably should have been a bit more specific... Obviously you need the XMMS player installed to use this. ( sudo apt-get install xmms xmms-alarm )

1) To set up the plugin, go to Options >> Preferences in xmms (from the xmms right-click menu ).
2) Choose General Plugins, and you should see Alarm 0.3.6 listed.
3) Highlight this entry and choose "configure". This brings up a tabbed dialog where you can set your alarm options.