error on apt-get update

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Jun 10 07:11:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 03:16:44PM +0900, Soo-Hyun Choi wrote:
>Hi,
>
>When I do 'sudo apt-get update' over Hoary 5.04 with the attached
>sources.list, I get the following error message. Could anyone direct
>me the way to cure this matter?

If you read the instructions on the backports page you'd know that the
main repo (ubuntuforums.org) is closed and you'll have to use one of the
mirrors. Personally I use

 deb  http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/ubuntu-backports hoary-backports main universe multiverse restricted
 deb  http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/ubuntu-backports hoary-extras main universe multiverse restricted

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what
they conceal is vital.
     -- Aaron Levenstein