Need help moving grub

Dylan B. seanburns.email at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 03:45:44 UTC 2005

I installed Ubuntu Hoary on my comp which has two hard drives. 1 PATA & 1 SATA.
Before installation I set the BIOS to boot from SATA first. I did a default
install and wasn't asked where to install grub. It just chose to install it to
the PATA (hd0/hda).
So now I have the BIOS set to boot the PATA first which boots grub which boots
Ubuntu which is on the SATA.
Now I want to remove the PATA hard drive from this computer. To do that I have
to move grub from hd0 (or hda) to hd1 (sda).

I opened a terminal and typed:
"sudo grub-install /dev/sda"

Then I rebooted, went into the BIOS & changed the boot order to SATA 1st.

Now I get:
"root (hd1,1)

Error22: No such Partition" ?