Go to MY PC...

Tom Adelstein adelste at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 15:21:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 10:51 -0400, jack jackson wrote:
> Thanks Matt and Martin,
> Quesion: I looked at man rdesktop and it appears to be encrypted; is
> this true? Do you know what port it's on? And what port I need to open
> on dad's firewall?

Jack, Windows XP Home edition work with rdesktop. At least, I haven't
had any success with it. But, I will try it again today.

Next:

> Also thanks for the real vnc info. And TOm were you going to recommend
> one of those two?

Real VNC piped through ssh is what I would suggest.

Also, I would disable the Windows XP firewall and install ZoneAlarm
(it's free).

Do you need assistance with any of this? I can post some howtos for you.