ftp in places menu

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Wed Jun 8 10:57:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 10:31 +0200, Michaël Van Dorpe wrote:
> Username:password seems to work for the gtk-bookmarks. Not thát ugly, is it?

Okay, so it worked for you, that's good.  However, you should be
concerned about security, as I'm not sure if the Username and Password
are exposed to the other users through the process listing (or by other
means) if you used this method.

Besides, didn't you feel something weird with the GNOME Panel when using
this method?  (I experienced a lot of problem: very slow responses from
the panel, being connected once I logged in and for the rest of the
GNOME session.)

All in all, I'm glad that worked fine for you.
Ziyad.