Suggestions for Ubuntu Article

Arjan Geven arjangeven at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:29:11 UTC 2005

Hey Tom,

For the home user, ubuntu is a serious candidate, I think, because
after installation, it can do everything you want. For example, I just
connected my digital camera and promptly got the photos I took on my
computer. I was quite surprised, as I always hear that
hardware-support in Linux is bad and a reason not to use it. The same
with my printer, worked out of the box. Both are typical homeuser
requirements that should just work, and they do.

Additionally, the fact that practically everything you need is
pre-installed, from a web browser to an office alternative to an
e-mail client to an advanced image editing program. Perfect.

THAT's the reason Ubuntu is ready for the public. And hey, it's for
free, too! ;-)

Arjan