UBUNTU not a be used as a Server to a SQL backend?

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at digital-scurf.org
Tue Jun 7 11:24:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 13:19 +0200, Johan van Zyl wrote:
> Instead of asking if UBUNTU is intended for desktop use only - let us
> discuss:
> Ubuntu NOT to be used as a Data Server to a SQL backend? FireBird in my
> case?

I run a server using Ubuntu 5.04 and on that server I have SQL daemons,
namely mysql and postgresql. I find Ubuntu to be a perfectly usable
server OS, indeed Hoary's default server setup left me feeling very safe
and happy with how it felt and behaved.

I'm not sure about FireBird, but in a general sense, Ubuntu is perfectly
good as a server OS for an SQL server.

Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895