irda connection

Martin Holt Juliussen mjuliuss at online.no
Mon Jun 6 19:41:02 UTC 2005

man, 06,.06.2005 kl. 08.57 +0200, skrev S. Donig:
> > Albin & Simon,
> >
> > With the implementation of udev and use of hotplug under kernel-2.6.x, a
> > lot of devices are now created on each boot-up and on-the-fly via rules.
> > It may be that you need to setup a rule that allows udev to properly
> > setup /dev and associated link for your irda port.
> <snip>
> Only, who wants to start writing udev-rules for basic devices like
> irda? ;)
>  <wild guessing> Maybe it's a hotplug issue? </wild guessing>
> As mentioned above, I have no problems with bluetooth (rfcomm0 is
> created without any doing of my person) and I personally think that irda
> should do the same.

I have now tested this issue on my laptop with these irda-modules:
irtty_sir, sir_dev, irda, crc_ccitt

I tried to load the ircomm module but nothing happened in /dev. I found
out if I load ircomm_tty also (depends on ircomm, so you can just use
modprobe ircomm_tty) the device nodes in /dev will be created.

Hope this helps.

Martin