Beagle 0.10 is not working!

Adrian Try adriantrymail at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 6 11:36:30 UTC 2005

> I just installed over the weekend the newest version of beagle (0.10)
> from the backports.
> But it does not work. Followed the instruction on WIKI but the result
> was an error on the
> search:
>
> fstab:
> /dev/hda1       /               reiserfs notail          0       1
> /dev/hda2       /home           reiserfs,user_xattr defaults        0

Reiser file system does not yet support extended attributes, which are
needed by Beagle.

See http://beaglewiki.org/Enabling_Extended_Attributes

especially: "Also note that neither Reiser4 nor NFS support extended
attributes, so Beagle presently will not work on these filesystems."

Unfortunately, this means that if you want to use Beagle, you'll have to
reformat.  :-(

Adrian