/etc/hosts rewriting problem

Martin Holt Juliussen mjuliuss at online.no
Mon Jun 6 09:35:17 UTC 2005

søn, 05,.06.2005 kl. 19.33 -0500, skrev Pablo Wolter:
> That's the funny part....I'm doing it as root and EVERY time I change
> the location from Network Connection my /etc/hosts file is re writed.....

Have you checked if the hosts-file change back if you change location
back to the one you edited your hosts-file in? Network admin is runned
with sudo (gksudo), so it is no bug that it has the rights to edit the
hosts file. And if it changes the hosts-file back to the state it was in
the different locations I would call it a feature. If it just erase it
every time, I would file a bug.

Maybe I have misunderstood something, but hope this helps.

Martin