Looking for Linux in Middle East & Arabic countries

Tom Adelstein adelste at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 17:17:52 UTC 2005

Hello all -

I'm scheduled to go to the middle-east this summer and speak to an open
source conference with mainly government officials in attendance. I'll
provide more information on that. I hope to distribute Ubuntu CD's at
the conference. In one talk, I'll be building a computer from scratch
and installing Ubuntu on it. I think that will be exciting for the
attendees.

So, I want to do some articles about governments using Linux - outside
the United States. So if anyone has any cases they can share with me, I
would be so pleased. I'm looking for Linux used in Arabic speaking
countries. Farsi and Urdu will also work.

I would like to present the case studies and will accept papers for that
purpose. Also, information about open source activities, distributions,
user groups, etc. will help.

Any advice related to speaking to a conference in the middle east will help also.

All the best,

Tom