Mounting drive

Richard Barmann reb68 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 3 20:45:14 UTC 2005

My "C" Drive is Windows and my "D" Drive is Linux. In earlier versions I had a
directory called "windows" that I could mount and use the information in the
windows drive. Now, with Kubuntu My 20g drive (the "C" Drive) will not mount.
I tried the old way:
sudo  mkdir  -p  /mnt/windows

sudo  mount  /dev/hda1  /mnt/windows  -t  ntfs  -o
umask=0222
(assuming hda1 is your XP)
But unless I am doing something wrong it does not work. I get a message ::
mount: can't find /dev/hda1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
Please check that the disk is entered correctly
When I go to root /etc/ I do not find a fstab or a mtab. What did I do wrong.
Thank You
Dick Barmann