ATi graphics cards

Felix Sheldon dark_paw at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 2 15:21:40 UTC 2005

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

>>Have you tried turning off RenderAccel in xorg.conf? It seems to be a
>>bit crashy with the GF4MX4000 cards, especially on amd64.
>>

>I have a GF2 not GF4, and an old Athlon XP not a fancy 64, but I have
>nothing to lose...  :-) how do I turn RenderAccel off ? I can't see this
>option in my xorg.conf (copy/pasted below). I guess I have to add it
>manually somewhere (at the end ?) of the device section ? What is the
>exact syntax ?
>As you can see I have commented out GLcore, but left DRI (and the
>associated lines at the bottom), as some say DRI must be commented out,
>but others say that it makes no difference. And, in my experience, it
>indeed doesn't improve any of the problems I am seeing.

Sorry, I should have added this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "NVIDIA Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 4000 AGP 8x]"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
        Option          "RenderAccel"           "false"
EndSection

Yeah, I think the nvidia provides it's own DRI stuff no matter what you
say there. Might be worth losing it just in case though.

--
Felix