ATi graphics cards

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Jun 2 13:46:47 UTC 2005

> Have you tried turning off RenderAccel in xorg.conf? It seems to be a
> bit crashy with the GF4MX4000 cards, especially on amd64.

I have a GF2 not GF4, and an old Athlon XP not a fancy 64, but I have
nothing to lose...  :-) how do I turn RenderAccel off ? I can't see this
option in my xorg.conf (copy/pasted below). I guess I have to add it
manually somewhere (at the end ?) of the device section ? What is the
exact syntax ?
As you can see I have commented out GLcore, but left DRI (and the
associated lines at the bottom), as some say DRI must be commented out,
but others say that it makes no difference. And, in my experience, it
indeed doesn't improve any of the problems I am seeing.

Regards,

--
Vince

*** xorg.conf ***
Section "Module"
#	Load	"GLcore"
	Load	"bitmap"
	Load	"dbe"
	Load	"ddc"
	Load	"dri"
	Load	"extmod"
	Load	"freetype"
	Load	"glx"
	Load	"int10"
	Load	"record"
	Load	"speedo"
	Load	"type1"
	Load	"v4l"
	Load	"vbe"
	Load	"xtt"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"keyboard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"fr"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"NVIDIA Corporation NVCrush11 [GeForce2 MX Integrated
Graphics]"
	Driver		"nvidia"
	BusID		"PCI:2:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Nec M700"
	HorizSync	31-69
	VertRefresh	55-120
	Option		"DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"NVIDIA Corporation NVCrush11 [GeForce2 MX Integrated
Graphics]"
	Monitor		"Nec M700"
	DefaultDepth	24
	SubSection "Display"