anyone using PureData and/or Supercollider in Ubuntu?

olmeS ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Jun 2 13:32:41 UTC 2005

hello ... I 'm trying to get Pure data working on ubuntu but I just can
get it to start...

I installed it from the synaptic package system, but when i'm lauching
it it close right away...

from the command line I got this :

:/usr/bin$ pd

ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory

pd_gui: pd process exited

Erreur de segmentation

can anyone tell me what is going on ... sound is playing normaly with
other software (like xmms) ....

I'm not sure to understand all about sound drivers in linux (I'm
switching from WinXP) but other distro like garbure.org(burek) work
well at startup with puredata ...

tks

--
olmeS