Building jhbuild

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Thu Jun 2 03:52:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 16:45 -0400, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> I'm trying to install jhbuild under Breezy so that I can
> install Luminocity [1], and I'm following the build
> instructions. I did 'jhbuild sanitycheck' and got
>
> automake-1.7 not found
> automake-1.8 not found
> Could not find DocBook XSL Stylesheets in XML catalog
>
> The automake errors are fine, because I have automake-1.9.
> But the stylesheets error is bugging me. I have all these
> docbook packages installed:
>
> docbook
> docbook-dsssl
> docbook-utils
> docbook-xml
> docbook-xsl
>
> I have all these packages with 'xml' in their names:
>
> docbook-xml
> libxml-libxml-common-perl
> libxml-libxml-perl
> libxml-namespacesupport-perl
> libxml-parser-perl
> libxml-parser-ruby1.8
> libxml-sax-perl
> libxml1
> libxml2
> libxml2-dev
> libxml2-python2.3
> libxml2-utils
> python-xml
> python2.2-xml
> python2.2-xmlbase
> python2.3-xml
> python2.4-libxml2
> python2.4-xml
> xml-core
>
> ...and all of these with 'xsl':
>
> docbook-xsl
> libxslt1-python2.3
> libxslt1.1
> python2.4-libxslt1
> xsltproc
>
> What more do I need?
>
> I've done my share of googling here, and have come up empty.
> I think that error in the sanitycheck stage may explain this
> error when I try to do 'jhbuild build xserver luminocity':
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '~/bin/gnome2/opt/share/jhbuild/packagedb.xml'
>
> Any idea which packages I need to install?
>
> [1] - http://live.gnome.org/Luminocity
>
> --
> Stephen R. Laniel
> steve at laniels.org
> +(617) 308-5571
> http://laniels.org/
> PGP key: http://laniels.org/slaniel.key

Weird!!!  In my system, it complained just like yours, however, after
installing “docbook-xsl” everything went fine!  Make sure that
“docbook-xsl” is installed correctly, re-install it if you have to.

Also, if everything is fine with your installation, you should find the
following files in your system:
        /etc/xml/docbook-xsl.xml
        /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/catalog.xml

and in the file “/etc/xml/catalog”, you should see the following two
long lines:
<delegateURI uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/" catalog="file:///etc/xml/docbook-xsl.xml"/>
<delegateSystem systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/" catalog="file:///etc/xml/docbook-xsl.xml"/>

I hope this helps.